Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging is a medium size dredging company, based in Sliedrecht in the Netherlands. The total scope of activities consists of dredging, surveying and related marine operations in the fullest sense.
At Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging, our stakeholders may count on quality and reliability, which are the keywords for our organisation and our personnel. Our ‘medium’ size guarantees an organisation ‘small enough’ to provide short and clear communications lines, quick decision making and flexibility, but ‘big enough’ to guarantee sufficient technical know how, expertise and financial back-up. In our opinion, working with mother nature requires environmental concern and safety and we try to live up the latest standards in this field.
Last but not least we think dredging (like every business) is ‘people business’ and we stimulate professionalism, enthusiasm and humour to keep the work enjoyable.
History and growth
Starting some 50 years ago as a small family business, the company operated mainly on the national Dutch market as Baggerbedrijf de Boer B.V. After a steady growth of the company over the years, the international market was entered into under the English name of Dutch Dredging B.V.
People and Organisation
Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging currently employs around 150 well educated and highly motivated professionals. The company is very much ‘project based’, centrally organised, but usually with a local organisation on site and support from the different staff departments.
Scope of work and equipment
The company is mainly active in Western Europe, South America and the Middle East and Africa.
- The main activity is maintenance and capital dredging with a fleet of modern trailing suction hoppers dredgers usually assisted by ploughing vessels or bed levellers.
- The Bucket dredgers work in specialized markets, where hard or large granular size soils need to be dredged and/or when special environmental constraints are applied.
- Our backhoes usually work in seaports and can be equipped with special closed buckets and sand/gravel aggregates screening and separating system.
- Our Airset systems work in tidal ports, bringing the soils in suspension and transporting them out with the tidal currents.
- Our cutter suction dredgers are usually involved in capital dredging projects like deepening and/or reclamation projects.
- The ‘GrossGlockner’ is a dismountable dredger, equipped to dredge at great depths, which is especially suitable for work involving inland and barrier lakes.
- For monitoring and control, all our vessels are supported by Survey vessels that are equipped with the latest software for showing or providing complete surveys to a very high degree of accuracy. Several multibeam and single beam systems installed on board of our own survey-vessels in order to provide up-to-date and precise data.
- For transporting materials, we have several barges and barge unloading dredgers to empty the barges when arrived at their disposal site.
- Our focus on sustainability and respect for the ecosystem has been one of the key-factors in the development of the company. Allready in the early nineties, the company has invested in successful and licensed techniques for remediate dredging of contaminated soils with the modified bucket dredger.
- The airset is adapted for working in very-sensitive areas such as Waddenzee.
- All trailer hopper suction dredgers are equipped with an oil recovery boom and other oil spill equipment in order to assist when accidents with oil spills occur.
Here you can find the Vision, mission and policy statement of Baggerbedrijf de Boer – Dutch Dredging.